Chocolate Coffee Icebox Pie
by Beatrice MarkenzonFeb 3, 2021
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup of Maud's Tall, Dark & Handsome
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 chilled chocolate graham cracker crust
- Whipped cream (optional)
Combine coffee, cocoa and vanilla in a small cup and set aside.
Heat the chocolate in a saucepan set over low heat on the stove. Stir chocolate until completely melted and let cool.
- Whip the cream, sugar, and salt with a mixer until soft peaks form.
4. Stir the coffee mixture and coffee liqueur into the melted chocolate.
5. Using a whisk, fold the chocolate mixture into the whipped cream.
6. Transfer the pie filling to the chilled crust and distribute the filling.
7. Refrigerate the pie until filling is firm, garnish with whipped cream and chocolate chips, serve, and enjoy!
(Recipe adapted from houstonchronicle.com)
(Photo credit seriouseats.com)