by Anna NasonDec 7, 2020
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Maud's Tall Dark & Handsome, brewed strong
- 1 cup hot milk or soy milk
- Whipped cream (optional)
In a small saucepan, combine the water, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and vanilla. Bring to a boil, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Reduce heat and simmer slowly for 15 to 20 minutes.
Combine the coffee in a mug and add 1/4 cup of the gingerbread syrup. Top off with the heated milk. If you desire, garnish with whipped cream and a sprinkle of grated nutmeg. Enjoy!
(adapted from thekitchn.com)